DVT & PE Dosing
Start with one XARELTO® 15-mg tablet twice a day with food for 21 days. On day 22, switch to one XARELTO® 20-mg tablet once a day with food.
What to do if you miss a dose:
- If you take XARELTO® twice a day and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember on the same day. You may take 2 doses at the same time to make up for the missed dose. Take your next dose at your regularly scheduled time.
- If you take XARELTO® once a day and miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember on the same day. Take your next dose at your regularly scheduled time.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Do not change your dose or stop taking XARELTO® unless your healthcare professional tells you to. Stopping XARELTO® increases your risk of having another DVT or PE blood clot.
- Take XARELTO® exactly as prescribed by your healthcare professional.
- Tell all the healthcare professionals you see, including your dentist, that you’re taking XARELTO®. They should talk to the healthcare professional who prescribed XARELTO® before any surgical, medical, or dental procedure. You may need to stop taking it for a short time before and after the procedure.
- Tell your healthcare professional about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.