Take one 15-mg or 20-mg tablet, as prescribed by your doctor, once a day with the evening meal
What to do if you miss a dose:
- Take it as soon as you remember on the same day. Take your next dose at your regularly scheduled time.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Do not change your dose or stop taking XARELTO® unless your healthcare professional tells you to. Stopping XARELTO® increases your risk of having a stroke.
- Take XARELTO® exactly as prescribed by your healthcare professional. Your healthcare professional will decide how long you should take it and prescribe either XARELTO® 15-mg or XARELTO® 20-mg tablets.
- Tell all the healthcare professionals you see, including your dentist, that you’re taking XARELTO®. They should talk to the healthcare professional who prescribed XARELTO® before any surgical, medical, or dental procedure. You may need to stop taking it for a short time before and after the procedure.
- Tell your healthcare professional about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.